Manufacturing sites

Blancpain watches come into being in the heart of the Joux valley, the cradle of Swiss watchmaking.

Day after day, Blancpain perpetuates its historical links with Switzerland's oldest watchmaking tradition by making its timepieces at Le Brassus and Le Sentier, respectively a village and a hamlet in the Joux Valley. This region of the Waldensian Jura is imbued with the soul of the watchmaker's art. Clockmaking began here in about 1740, and its workshops are still the source of 90% of the complications of Swiss mechanical watchmaking.

 

The farm at Le Brassus

In a former farmhouse, lovingly restored and surrounded with forest and pastureland, the craftsmen of Le Brassus continue to practise the techniques and skills of Swiss mechanical watchmaking. This peaceful environment helps their concentration, a vital ingredient in the perfection of Blancpain watches, which depends on the precision of their work.

The farm still retains its outer walls, and the interior is panelled with cherry-wood, the traditional timber of a watchmaker's workbench. It is not designed as a factory, but in the spirit of the watchmaking tradition of which the Joux Valley is the guardian.

As in the old days, the watches are made by hand, by craftsmen working together in a family house. Each watchmaker works at his own bench assembling the components of the movement. The warmth of the cherry-wood, the tranquillity of the peaceful workshops and the family atmosphere pay homage to watchmaking tradition.

 

 

The workshops of Le Sentier

As a result of close links going back many years, Frédéric Piguet S.A. was incorporated into Blancpain in July 2010.

This company, a leader in the design and production of top-of-the-range watch movements employing nearly 500 people, had long produced movements and components for Blancpain watches and was also directed by Marc A. Hayek.

Le Sentier, it is now an integral part of the Blancpain Manufacture.